Wednesday, July 11, 2007

yet another boring post about my boring life

I have had the last two days off of work, and have amazingly done...

Nothing.

I love how the feeling of a day off makes one feel as if all the time in the world is suddenly presentable; yet, when one gets the day off, people usually end up sitting on their asses, bored as hell.

On Sunday i went to a showing of Ratatouille, and overly left me more enticed with 3D animated than I have ever been before. The animation was striking and amazing, and even the ending credits were captivating. The story was rather simple but, being directed and written by Brad Bird (the director of my favorite animated movie, The Iron Giant), it was executed quite nicely.
The movie's philosophy of critics was probably one of my more favorite parts, and although I still enjoyed the film, the overall execution of Ratatouille made up for Pixar's presentation of Cars last year.

After the movies, very much craving nice food after a film on cooking, Kit-Kat and I grabbed my first taste of Greek food-- which was amazing. I have definitely gathered a strong liking for hummus and duma, alongside honey-enriched baklava. mm.

I haven't done an awful lot since then besides working, watching Terry Gilliam films, reading this book called Replay and generally being useless, but so it goes for a college student in waiting. This has probably been the first summer in my entire life where I have literally counted down the remaining days of the summer in hope of its passing, rather than the fret of it.

Buut... only 44 more days until the move. I can deal with that.

No comments: